26 Ideas for filling your day with fun:
- No matter what the weather – Roystone Hot Springs is always a hit! Warm up after an afternoon of sledding or a day on the river! Bring the RV and make it a weekend! http://www.roystonehotsprings.com/
- Family Bike ride! Montour WMA 2 miles away from Roystone: 110 acres of bird watching and wildlife viewing on the Payette River, great for walks, bike trails and fishing. fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/wildlife/wma/montour
- Catch the sunrise on the water! Group Kayaking Tours – Johns’ Sweet Kayak Rentals: 209-880-2074 or look up on Facebook. Book a guided tour or just rent kayaks.
- Let’s go fishing! Fishing and swimming at Mill Pond in Horseshoebend (11 miles away) Mill Pond is regularly stocked with Trout for fishing and has a great shallow sandy beach for swimmers. https://idfg.idaho.gov/ifwis/fishingplanner/water/?id=16043
- Horseshoe Bend Flight Park: They are currently offering Tandem Paragliding regularly throughout the week! Call 541-314-4359 or https://hsbflightpark.com/ and fly like the birds!
- Bring the boat, paddleboard, or fishing rod and head to Black Canyon Dam or Triangle Park just 5 miles away. Spend the day on the water soaking up rays and roasting up some dogs! Lots of sand, water fun! https://www.usbr.gov/pn/snakeriver/landuse/blackcanyon/index.html
- Drive with a view! Take the road up to Gem County’s highest point, Squaw Butte). A beautiful drive with wildlife viewing and hiking. Maps available at the office.
- Head to the mountains for the sunset! Access your inner cowboy and go horseback trail riding with Idaho Guest Ranch: https://www.idahoguestranch.com/trail-rides
- Historic Sweet Water Trough. Squeeze in some history and drink from Sweet’s famous water trough. (Caution: rumor has it that it’s powerful waters can increase fertility in those who wish to become pregnant!) 😊 https://www.gemcountymuseum.org/history-sweet.html
- Visit historic Ola: 17 miles north, drive back in time to the scenic church and school. Enjoy lunch at the Ola Cafe. The Sweet-Ola Highway is a fun road-bike ride -uphill both ways! Schedule a guided tour to Idaho’s quaintest historic town.
- Visit a local orchard and pick your own produce, from apples to cherries to pluots! – orchard picking map/schedule http://emmettidaho.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/2017-ORCHARD-MAP.pdf
- Black Canyon Dam and Powerplant located on the Payette river 7 miles away. This Dam is a great reminder of just how powerful water is! Watch it pour over the Dam and drop 183 feet! Bring a picnic and enjoy Wild Rose Park at the same location. https://www.usbr.gov/projects/index.php?id=7
- Classic Movie Theater with old fashioned prices – Frontier Cinema. Look up on Facebook or call (208) 365-4393 for show listings. Emmett, Idaho
- Looking for more than just a little fun? Ever considered a group service project?! Get that warm fuzzy feeling and sign your group up to serve those in need! https://www.justserve.org/projects
- Spoil yourselves and follow the river up to Starlight Mountain Theater. Enjoy musical theater classics under the stars! Located in Garden Valley 40 minutes away. Starlightmt.com 208.462.5523
- Get into nature and find just the right Trail to bike or hike at ridgestorivers.org or www.avimor.com/trails
- Local bird hunting hotspot! Montour Wildlife Management Area (WMA) (in season hunting only): https://idfg.idaho.gov/visit/wildlife-management-areas#montour
- Start the day right – with Bowling! KTs Lanes – Cosmic bowling with strobe lights and glow in the dark bowling balls = major family fun! Located in Emmett 11 miles away. http://www.ktslanes.com/
- Fulfill your need for speed at The Firebird Raceway, 25 minutes away: https://firebirdonline.com/
- Start your day with an adventure! Zip Idaho Zipline Tours: 208-793-2947 http://www.zipidaho.com/
- Head up the scenic Payette River and book a white water rafting trip with Cascade Raft and Kayak at cascaderaft.com 800.292.7238 or BearValleyRafting.com 800.235.2327 Great for both families with teens and adrenaline junkies! 30 minutes away in Banks, ID.
- Go back in time with a Gem County Museum tour, Schedule a guided tour or just stop by: https://www.gemcountymuseum.org/tours.html
- Local Youth Theater, Emmett Community Playhouse: http://www.emmettcommunityplayhouse.org/
- Emmett Farmers Market Wednesdays and Saturdays, you never know what handcrafted or homegrown treat you might find. http://emmettfarmersmarket.com/
- Find a unique keepsake with Idaho small town flair! Check out The Hen House downtown Emmett (208) 398-8300 https://shoptkwalker.com/collections/hen-house
- Take a self-guided tour around Roystone Hot Springs and enjoy the Metal Art of local artist, Ward Johns!
January Annual New Year’s Cherry Rise
April Youth Appreciation Day Free fun and games at the Emmett Island Sports complex. Free fun and games for youth.
June: The Famous Emmett Cherry Festival is always held during the second full week of June. Going strong sing the 1930s, this celebration of Emmett’s abundant cherry harvest, includes carnival rides, live music, dance performances, city parade, venders and so much more! Located in Emmett’s City Park. http://www.emmettcherryfestival.com/
July 4th Fireworks Show: Located at the Emmett Island Sports Complex. Free admission, bring a blanket and enjoys fireworks, vendors and fun!
July: Dust off the ‘ol Hot Rod and join the fun! 2 days of classic cars cruising the streets of Emmett, ID! Cruise night/Show N Shine scheduled next for July 21 & 22, 2018
August Gem County/Boise Fair and Rodeo
September Emmet’s Annual Glow Run
September: Support Sweet’s local Syringa hall and have some good old fashioned fun at the Sweet Cowboy Days. Venders, food, cowboy games, contests and fun for the whole family.
October: Emmett Harvest Festival and Street Fair: Grab your walking shoes and head to downtown Emmett for shopping, deals and discounts! Vendors and local business bring their wares right out into the street for display! Stop by for a treat and fun! http://emmettidaho.com/events/annual-events/harvest-festival-street-fair/
October: Calling all Witches and Warlocks! Head to Emmett for the annual Witches Walk. Wear your finest Witchy attire, and enjoy an evening haunting downtown Emmett and city park. Fun and brews (hot chocolate) to be had! https://www.facebook.com/events/1913570145571295/
October: A River Through Time. Head to Emmett for a local Civil War Reenactment! Pan for gold, meet Abraham Lincoln and witness cannons booming in their full glory! History buffs young and old do NOT want to miss this! https://www.gemcountymuseum.org/river_thru_time.html
November Kicking Cowgirl Christmas Bazaar
November Magic on Main Street, Lighted Paraade & Community Tree Lighting
December Multi-Church Choir Program
Local church services
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints: Services begin at 10am. 8775 Sweet Ola Highway SWEET, ID
Sweet United Methodist Church: Sunday school: 8:30am, Worship Service 9:15am. Sweet-Ola Highway Sweet, ID
Sweet Vineyard Church: 10:30 Sunday mornings at Sweet-Montour Elementary School. 6600 Sweet-Ola Hwy